PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?!?

loiamve
07-01-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't understand but, if you knew me, that wouldn't surprise you! We are doing year 1 (just started, in fact) and I don't understand what to do with the MapAids. I thought there would be something in the TOG program that explains this but, if there is, I can't find it. We started with week 4 since I have a young LG child who hasn't had any history before so I wanted to start with creation. Soooo....the map on MapAids is called the Descendants of Noah and it shows a map of the area with 2 stars. The answer map has those "stars" labeled, along with quite a bit of other parts of the map labeled. HOWEVER, the geography section of the TOG curriculum has nothing to do with any of these locations - it has to do with Pangea and the possible original appearance of the earth's land. Are there questions I am supposed to ask the kids that would prompt them to label the map? Is there a list of locations they should locate in the TOG curriculum (like the vocab and timeline lists, for instance)? Is it somewhere on the Loom? I thought that maybe it wasn't in the curriculum since it is an "extra" but I would have thought there would be some instruction on the MapAid disc itself! There is so much to look at that I very well may be missing it but I really can't locate what to do. Thanks for helping!

Monique in NJ
07-01-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't have my Map Aids Cd handy, so I cannot look at the map that you are using right now. Most weeks will have you find or identify something in the Geography section of your SAP. The teacher's map will have all information for all learning levels. The LG, UG, and D levels teacher map often has dots or stars to show the work required for that level. Don't feel you have to use every map especially in the lower levels.

Maybe someone with Map Aids can be of more help.

Blessings,
Monique

DanaCinTN
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi,
I've looked up this assignment and the map is actually only to be used in the Dialectic and Rhetoric levels, so consider it to be an extra map! http://tapestryofgrace.groupee.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blessings,