Thread: Semester vs. year enrollment

Since some 9th graders aren't quite ready for the Rhetoric level when they enter high school, yet may transition from Dialectic to Rhetoric during their freshman year, could there ever be a consideration for semester enrollment instead of the whole year?

Thanks, again, Barb.
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.

President, Lampstand Press
    We may consider this in the future, but we can't make this dream come true this year. However, you can lighten a young rhetoric student's load by enrolling him in D History/R Lit (or the reverse).
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Thanks, Marcia. I, too, was considering that combination after attending the Open House last night. My dilemma is wanting to be able to give HS credit and I really couldn't if she's doing Dialectic work, right? I need to pray some more.
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.

Martha,

Yes you can give high school credit while doing Dialectic history. I have done this myself and I know numerous others that have as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Blessings,

Barb

Barb Spanier
    Director
    Lampstand Learning Center
    bspanier@llc.tapestryofgrace.com