Thread: want to start a year 3 v coop for fall 2010

Hi my name is Heather. I have been using tapestry for many years. My two younger boys really need additional interaction. We have done tapestry alone this year and are seeking a coop to enrich our experience. I am experienced with virtual coops. I was involved for two wonderful years in a Rhetoric coop for my older two. So with that being said I really have a solid grasp on how a strong coop should function in order to really be successful. I was involved with a wonderful group of ladies and we agreed before we started that we would be structured & work together to accomplish the school year ahead of us. We planned over the summer months our reads, assignments & teaching schedules so that we were ready well before our start date. We also implemented a contract for the parents and students so that everyone knew what was expected of them & what was unacceptable - to make it fair for all involved. I have to say that made all the difference - our parents and kids really stepped up to the plate and rose to the challenge. The teachers were reliable, the kids knew what to expect from the leaders and we gelled as a group - due to this we really accomplished a lot!

With that being said I would like to try to re-create that scenario again - this time for my UG & D level boys. If you are interested please let me know. I have also posted on TOGVirtualCo-opSynergy and year 3 yahoo groups.

Currently I own classic but would be willing to upgrade to re-designed. I live in PST zone.

Blessings
    Heather
    Soli Deo Gloria,
    Heather S.

I am very interested in this, but I would like some more information. How many times a week would we meet and the cost. Maybe you can email me. selena.stewart@gmail.com

Thanks
    Selena

Selena,

I never got a notification of your post. I found a coop that is already established, in fact we may be in the same group. Just wanted to apologize.

To any who read this,
    I have found a v-coop and formally remove my above request to start a year 3 v-coop.

Heather S.