Thread: U.S. History? How?

I am planning on buying TOG, but we would be starting on Yr 2 Unit 3. I want to cover U.S. History the next two school years, but I cannot figure out how I am going to do that since it appears all of year 3 and 4 would need to be covered.

Basically, my 14 yo ds will be starting 9th grade.....the plan is U.S. History in 9th and 10th and Ancient/World History 11th and 12th. How can my ds cover all 4 years of TOG this way? We do school year round, but on a much lighter schedule in the summer. Help!

Hi Mary.

Are you from Texas as well?? You know we don't HAVE to do anything!!!! To me, if you do all 4 years then you easily get 2 years of American history and 2 years of world. I think on the Loom somewhere they have how you can do that. I'm not worried about it. My 7th grade and 9th grader did year 3 last year and I just called it 19th Century history and year 4 this next year ( 8th and 10th) My 10th grader will be taking the AP US history exam in May. Then when they are in 9th and 11th it will be year 1, however I think my oldest will do AP government instead of year 1 history, but I don't know for sure yet. If I have 4 years of history, then the colleges should be happy.

Christine

I'd second what Christine says. You will want to carefully study both TX law and what colleges might expect from you in the way of requirements, but I agree with her assessment as to allocating TOG credits. I think their coverage is such that you could award both history and literature in this manner.

Thank you, I guess it doesn't really matter the order anyway since I plan on doing his transcript by subject and not year. He does plan on going to a University and he will be taking as many CLEP tests as possible as well as taking dual credit at our local community college. I get hung up sometimes on course names. Thanks ladies!