Thread: Ideas for books

We live in the Middle East and this is our first year homeschooling. We have the digital edition of TOG and I am just realizing how many books we will need. Obviously they aren't in our local library. Anybody have suggestions about how to get these easily or online resources that could be substituted. We are only using TOG for History as of right now and I have a 2nd grader and a 5th grader.

Thanks!

Amazon.com will ship to the Middle East. They have distribution centers at different spots around the world I believe, it would be worth checking into their shipping costs. We are in Ireland, which is not a part of the UK, so we deal with some shipping issues too. I'd start with Amazon.

Thriftbooks.com is another good resource. They will ship internationally for $5 per book. That works out well for some books that you can get really cheap from them and they are heavy books. You can find audio versions of some of the books for free on Librivox.org. I also like audiblebooks.com. Kindles are helpful especially for dialectic and older students.
    Blessings, from South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by wp View Post
    We live in the Middle East and this is our first year homeschooling. We have the digital edition of TOG and I am just realizing how many books we will need. Obviously they aren't in our local library. Anybody have suggestions paris airports transfers about how to get these easily or online resources that could be substituted. We are only using TOG for History as of right now and I have a 2nd grader and a 5th grader.

Thanks!
    Yes I agree with you