Thread: When will Book Updates Pages be updated?

I am trying to plan for Y2U1, and am wondering when the book updates pages will be updated? Specifically, there are a few books that went out of print, then new books were substituted, then that book went out of print and the old one is put in its spot as the replacement. ? (Gullivers Travels is U4)
    Also, the replacement for Sindbad is Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp(LG)- three things are confusing here: 1)the RAC says Sinbads Secret also by same author, 2)Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp is not on the resource list when you make the list(either on tapestry website or bookshelf) and finally #3) the necessary pages column just says "coming soon".
    My library carries all three of these books, I would just like to know which to reserve, and if I need new student activity pages or not.
    I truly am grateful that it is Tapestry doing all of this work and not me!
    Sheila in OK
    Mom to seven blessings
    Finishing our third year with TOG

Hi,

Are you saying that your library has the original book that matches the SAPs you have? Why not just go with that?

Even though I used Y2 Redesign this year, I still pulled some books and SAPs from my Y2 Classic because I had those books and didn't need to worry about buying them or having to wait for inter-library loan, as I would have with the newer books. That is one of the great things about ToG, it is so flexible.

It's nice that they give updates for those who are just starting, but I like being able to use the older books I have access to, even if they are out of print. That is one of the scariest things about switching to DE for me - losing the SAPs and reading assignments for stuff I have when it gets updated.
    Sharon
    Wife of David, Mom of Nathan (24), Mandie (23), Meg (16), Zeke (14), and Ike (12)

What is the difference between Y2 Classic and Y2 Redesigned? I used Y1 Redesigned but have Y2 Classic available for purchase. Would there be much difference?

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    We're currently working on updating all of the Book Updates and the pages/assignments that go with them. Regarding the new Aladdin book...it should say Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp. This is the one that Bookshelf Central sells and the one that updated pages will be made available for soon.

Sharon is correct in saying that you can use whichever book you want. However, this is one of the benefits of DE: all worksheets will be available to you...the ones for out of print books and the ones for the in print ones too. It will be easiest for newcomers to use the ones they see in their Year-Plan because of the seamless fit and they won't have to go from point A to point B to find the information.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Yes I agree this will be a handy feature. I do have the latest DE&print version,and I still have the old RAC and activity pages.
    Sheila in OK
    Mom to seven blessings
    Finishing our third year with TOG

However, this is one of the benefits of DE: all worksheets will be available to you...the ones for out of print books and the ones for the in print ones too.

Is this feature available yet? I keep checking for it, but so far haven't found it.
    Rachel, Wife to Scott, Mommy to Hannah, Abigail, Esther, Benjamin, Jonathan, & Caleb.
    Involved in missions in Asia since 1993.

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    No, we're working on all of the details now, so it won't be "too much" longer. Sorry I don't have a better ETA.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Great! I'm looking forward to it! I've been a bit afraid of updating my DE versions (even though I know there's a way to check ahead of time what has been changed, and save what's needed of the earlier edition).
    Rachel, Wife to Scott, Mommy to Hannah, Abigail, Esther, Benjamin, Jonathan, & Caleb.
    Involved in missions in Asia since 1993.