Thread: Mother-in-law moving in...

Hi Gals,

I've been on this forum since 2004 and I *think* this is the first time I've asked for prayer...

My MIL has recently been sick -- her diabetes has been uncontrollable. She is not allowed to drive until it's under control. So, last Friday she moved in with us -- on a temporary basis.

Just yesterday, my oldest daughter drove her to an appointment and on the way my MIL announced that she wants to sell her house and move in with us.

Here's my "battle/struggle": 1) we've been this route with her before. She lived with us for 3 months last year. She was not happy/satisfied -- after we have totally rearranged our house and life -- and she moved back to her house. She is not happy or satisfied for very long. 2) she is a very negative/critical person. Nothing is right or good enough. 3) She gossips about people and is very nosey about things. She has to know who is doing what, with who, and when -- all the time. It doesn't matter if it's us or the neighbors. She spies out the windows, etc. 4) she does not respect my time. I try to have a schedule/routine and stick to it. I'm willing to be flexible but she takes advantage.

I guess I'm asking all of you to pray for my attitude. That I would be Godly in my speech, actions and attitude.

If you've taken care of a family member, I'd like to know how you balanced their care with homeschooling and family life in general. (You can email me at threebundles@yahoo.com.)

Thanks!
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

Amy, my heart goes out to you. I will join you in prayer as you strive to be Godly in word and deed.
    Psalm 27:1 Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen you heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!
    Christie

I have a mother who sounds like your mother-in-law. She lived in another state and we moved her to our area a few years ago so I could keep closer tabs on her. She lives about 10 min. from us now. We knew that, while we are to look after widows and orphans, it was not going to be healthy for our family to have her physically present 24/7. The house next to us is for sale (cheap) and we've considered buying it and letting her live there. This is a hard issue, and my heart goes out to you b/c I know it's not easy.
    Becky in OH