Thread: Weeks 4 and 5 switched?

I've been going through my Classic Year 2 and comparing it to a friend's Redesign. We will be continuing in a co-op (we're doing Year 1 this year), and I already had Classic Year 2 from 4 years ago. I'm hoping I can still keep up with co-op activities and readings by adjusting a book here and there, instead of re-purchasing the whole curriculum (the reason I chose TOG to begin with!!!) --

I ran into a problem with Weeks 4 and 5. Week 4 is Charlemagne Redesign and Vikings in my book, whereas Week 5 is Vikings in Redesign and Charlemagne in my book. Is this a true "switch" and is it possible to just do the weeks in opposite order? If there are other weeks like this, would someone let me know?

Thank you!
    Lori in VA
    Raising 4 boys for the glory of God
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/theallboyslife

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi Lori,
    It is pretty difficult to co-op with others using the Year 2 Redesign if you are using Classic. Not only will you find things in a different weekly order, but you'll also find that topics are often expanded quite differently.

I totally understand about not wanting to repurchase the whole curriculum. I believe that we still have a 50% off offer for those with Classic (call or email customer service about this) if you *do* decide to order the new one. Or, you could purchase a co-op license on just the subjects your student is doing so that you could integrate seamlessly (again, call customer service). Lastly, you could "simply" use what you have and just do some extra leg work each unit to make things match as much as possible.

Hope this helps...
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Thanks, Dana--
    If the 50% offer is still good, maybe it wouldn't be so bad just purchasing the CD-ROM version and keeping my Classic paper version in tact! I'll check into it.
    Lori in VA
    Raising 4 boys for the glory of God
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/theallboyslife