Thread: NEED help/prayer/suggestions...

I'm feeling totally overwhelmed...and don't know how to get back on track.

BACKGROUND:
    - MIL moved in with us in March w/ multiple health issues
    - Miscarried in May
    - MIL broke arm (requiring surgery and rehab) in September
    - Cousin killed in Afghanistan in October
    - MIL became abusive and was "kicked out" of our home in November

I just can't seem to get "back on track"...I have lots to do but just don't have any energy/motivation to do it. (Could I be depressed? I don't know...I just know that things can't keep going the way they are.)

I haven't even started Christmas shopping...I'm stressed about that.

Sorry for the rambling...if you've made it this far and have any advice for me, feel free to post here or PM me.

Thanks in advance...
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

((Amy)) That's a lot of stress. I would talk to someone about depression.

I had similar feelings after 2 brothers and 1 sister-in-law died within 18 months of each other. I found it difficult to face most tasks - school, bills, food shopping, etc. Talking with a few trusted, wise people helped and leaning on the Lord for strength. I read through the Psalms writing down verses that touched me and I even wrote some of my own. It helped - a lot, but I had to force myself to do it (kind of like physical exercise - once it's over you feel good and wonder why you can't muster the strength to do it all the time.) It's hard though and for me it wasn't an over-night change back to how I used to be, in fact 3 years later I still struggle at times with fear, but it's gotten easier.

So, talk to someone about depression, find a wise friend to talk to who will pray with and for you, draw close to your husband, spend time with the Lord, and put one foot in front of the other. Season with grace.

May God grant you peace,
    Karen
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim ~ Ovid
    For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison ~ Paul
    http://rivendellpress.wordpress.com/

Just wanted to "pop in" and say thank you to those that have responded -- either here or via email.

Your words mean a lot to me...
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

{{{{{{{{AMY!!!}}}}}}}}

HUGS and Prayers from me!!!!!
    I just saw this today - Want to come and visit???
    Sharie in Maine "Behold God is my helper. ..He will sustain me." Ps. 54:4

**UPDATE**

I just wanted to "pop in" and update all of you that have been praying for me...

God is SO good!! A close friend referred me to a chiropractor who has done an amazing job in just a few visits!! He is a wonderful, Christian man who I felt comfortable with from the minute I met him.

My neck was "out" so badly that the scan registered "off the scale".

I am seeing him 2 - 3 times/week and have also started some supplements such as Vit D, Calcium & Magnesium, Zinc, and a Vit B complex.

I cannot tell you how much better I feel -- and I can actually "think straight" -- I can complete a sentence without forgetting what I was saying. LOL
    ~*Amy*~