Thread: When do I start Easy Grammar?

My 6 year old son will be starting Writing Aids level 1 this year. I noticed that many of the assignments have to do with building a "word bank." Do I need to start with Easy Grammar in addition to the Writing Aids assignments for a 6 year old? What level of EG would I use (the lowest level I've seen is level 3).

Thanks so much!
    Kacie

There is an Easy Grammar 2. I would wait until your son was at least 7 seven until starting that.

I use First Language Lessons until 3rd grade! it's from Well Trained Mind, and I have really enjoyed seeing the results
    kim
    Kimberly Boyenger in Kansas
    Wife to Vernon of 31 years
    Homeschooling mom to:
    Levi 28-married to Katie w/ 1 grandson Elijah
    Luke 26-Financial officer
    Leah 24- married to AJ w/ 1 Grandson Emery and w/ baby Willow due in July
    Lydia 16-11th grade ( adopted from Guatemala in 2000)
    Lance 12-7th

Thank you! I was at a hs convention and wasn't sure if I needed to purchase easy grammar while I was there to avoid shipping.

Kim, I own the FLL and was planning on using it. Then, I chickened out. How do you integrate it with the Writing Aids assignments? Do you pick and choose or follow it pretty much as written?

Thanks so much!
    Kacie

Personally, I don't start Easy Grammar until 3rd grade. I use English for the Thoughtful Child (not overly different from FLL) and I do hardly any writing until the child is reading really well. It's just too much stress for the child, IMHO.
    Michelle