Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just looking for an encouraging word

And on a final (and maybe most important)note: From one who has lived through 5 "9-months-of-feeling-like-a-crazy-woman" pregnancies..... While pregnant is NOT the time to analyze anything! Wink
    Mom to Lydia (5), Isabel (3), Faith (1), and someone new (we'll meet face to face in September)

This is a great thread, full of wise and inspiring thoughts. I felt the gentle conviction of the Spirit inside as I read your thoughts, ladies.

My 18 ds made a comment yesterday that I felt appropriate to add to this discussion. Maybe someone will be encouraged or able to relate...

My 10 yr. old dd is doing Y4 lapbooks (whining along the way). We just finished w28 of Y4, and in a perfect world she would have been on that week for her lapbook, but she was finishing up w26 (I think). She requested that I purchase this supplement at the beginning of the year, but we're in the ho-hum, late winter Michigan blahs right now, and the road is sort of long and wearisome... Anyway, back to the comment from Christian (18 yr. old ds). He walked by the table full of lapbook mess, and said, "I so wish I had done TOG when I was in middle school. I love that kind of stuff (referring to lb)" When I probed for more info., he said, "That's the kind of thing she'll have 10 yrs. from now, to look back on as evidence of her work from this season of life."

In the busyness of my too-full days of educating our 4 youngest in addition to the other responsibilities of my life, I think I lose sight of just what a blessing it is to teach from a curriculum like TOG. My children are truly informed and knowledgeable about the world we live in, what has taken place before us, and can see God's handiwork traced throughout. I let the little complaints from my children voice, when they feel like "it's just too too much work, mom" bear down on me and I give in to discouragement and even wonder why in the world am I spending all this time and money and sweat on them? Is it worth it? Christian's comment of "I wish I'd done TOG when I was 10" showed me that, down deep, they really do love and appreciate the value of both this curriculum, and my efforts to teach it.

Lastly, I would second the thought from LovinMyManlyMan about not analyzing thing while pregnant, having lived 8 "9 months-of-feeling-like-a-crazy-woman pregnancies. I thank God for the level-headed, steady-Eddie husband He gave me

Laurie
    "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Ps. 19:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12