Thread: Easy Grammar Ultimate Series...

Good Morning/Afternoon!

I've been doing some research/shopping for the Fall and I came across "Easy Grammar Ultimate Series" -- apparently it's a new product by the same author as Easy Grammar and Daily Grams.

It's being "rolled out" in stages -- some levels are available now and some won't be available until later.

My questions are these: If you've used it, how did you like it? How does it compare/differ from traditional Easy Grammar?

Thanks in advance...
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

Easy Grammar didn't have anything at this level before so I think it would be difficult to compare. Up until this introduction their books ended at Easy Grammar 6 with an additional book called Easy Grammar Plus which was for high school and adult students.

I think these are organized slightly differently than the current ones for lower levels. My very surface level analysis was that they have about half as many pages as the lower level books do.

Dear Amy,

I haven't used Ultimate yet, but we completed Easy Grammar Plus last year and are going to use the Ultimate Grade 9 this year. The Ultimate books are set up just like the Daily Grams books for younger students. There is not much teaching instruction - mostly reinforcement. There is more emphasis on advanced concepts than in Daily Grams, though. We are going to do grammar together each morning as a family so I can be sure that my weaker students understand the concepts.

HTH!
    Susan in La
    Mom to 18yods (ToG graduate), 17yods (R), 15yodd (R), 13yodd (D)
    Redesigned 2

I did some more research at the Easy Grammar website. This is what I found:

* Reproducible
    * 180 daily teaching lessons
    * 10 minute lessons
    * Materials presented in an easy, step-by-step approach
    * Concepts build upon themselves

Example: Students first learn the difference between an independent clause and a dependent clause. Using understanding of this concept, students learn construction of fragments, sentences, and run-on and the structure of compound and complex sentences. However, mastery of dependent and independent clauses first is vital to the ensuing concepts. Other concepts are taught in this manner throughout.

Format:

1. Capitalization teaching and application
    2. Punctuation teaching and application
    3 & 4. Grammar and other concept teaching and application
    5. Sentence Combining for improved writing skills

and here's a link to a sample page from Grade 11:

http://www.easygrammar.com/dtl11-41.html
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16