Thread: Could someone help me with the Transparency Project??!!

I love the idea of this project and found the instructions in Map Aids. Still, I'm confused. I printed out what I thought were the base maps for my two daughters yet they have all the labels already printed on them! I need a "Transparency Map Project for Idiots" tutorial. Anyone???

Thank you.
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.

Has anyone done this project who could offer some help?? Please?
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.

Hi Martha,

I'm doing Y1 Redesigned this year...and this is my first time to do the Transparency Project...so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I found instructions for this project on my MapAids disk...

When you insert the disk into the computer and the file loads, you should have four columns:

Grammar, Dialectic/Rhetoric, Transparency Project and Teacher.

Click on the link entitled "Instructions" under Transparency Project. (Don't pay attention to the maps in the pictures -- I think they are from the Classic Edition.)

I chose not to use foamboard -- I printed the Base Maps on cardstock and we hole-punched them and keep them in our TOG notebook.

Weeks that there is a "transparency assignment", the Geography Assignment should say something like "add an overlay to the map of _______". I have the things to be labeled typed up in a label format and my daughter puts the labels on the transparency, which is placed over the base map.

HTH...let me know if you have more questions!!

Amy
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

HI Amy,
    Thanks for posting. Here's my problem. (Actually I don't know if it's a problem or not.)

I don't own the Map Aids disk any longer. I was one of the winners of Marcia's big Birthday Giveaway in April. So all of my Year 1 DE is on 1 disk - maps, evals, curriculum, everything.

I do see instructions for this project in the Loom but am finding those confusing. I'm having trouble figuring out where the base maps are that I'm supposed to be printing to get started.

Actually, I do have on my disk, a list of "Base Maps" to print for the Transparency project but they already have things labeled. Is that how they're supposed to be??

Hi Martha,

Yes, the base maps already have the labels on them. (I know -- seems odd, doesn't it?? But, we've been using them and we are enjoying the transparency project.)

You don't say what week you're on, but as you go along, there will be an assignment that says, "Add an OVERLAY to the map of _____ this week." and then the things to be labeled or a route taken will be what you put on the overlay.

Make sense??
    ~*Amy*~

"...Instead, I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." John 15: 15 - 16

Yes, that makes sense. We're beginning week 4. Thanks so much for your time!!!

Good -- glad I could help!!! We're on Week 4 as well...
    ~*Amy*~