Thread: Excellent book for LG church history

I would like to suggest adding the wonderful book called Church History ABC's by Stephen Nichols and Ned Bustard. This brightly illustrated book goes through the alphabet and high-lights 26 men and women of church history. The back cover says that it is written for ages 3-6, however I think that older children would learn much from this as well. There are additional notes about each person in the back of the book for further study and the names are also listed in chronological order with dates.

This book includes biographical notes of:
    Ignatius, Tertullian, Hippolytus, Monica, Augustine, Patrick, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, Nicholas Ridley, Francis Xavier, John Calvin, John Knox, John Foxe, Queen Jeanne, Zacharias Ursinus, Lady Jane Grey, John Donne, Anne Broadstreet, John Owen, Antonio Vivaldi, Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley, Charles Wesley, John Newton, Absalom Jones, Charles Spurgeon and Florence Young.

For more information about this book, there is a website www.churchhistoryabcs.com that also includes printable coloring sheets, activities and more. This book was recently published and the authors are both homeschool dads. I just bought my copy and LOVE it!
    married 22 years and blessed with 3 children: 17 yr old rhetoric son, 15 yr old dialectic/rhetoric daughter and a 7 yr old lower grammar son.

Thanks for the link! The activities to go along with the book are wonderful!
    the only girl living in the Land of Boys
    Come visit us at http://mskelli.wordpress.com/

Thank you for that link. I had this book on my wishlist at Amazon.
    Angela, mama to ds18, ds11, dd9, ds6, dd4, dd21 months, and newborn born 2/3/11