Thread: Napoleon Tea Party week 2

Okay, I was a bit intimidating by the assignment of a "Napoleon" tea party. However, I thank God that he gave me a creative mind. I asked the other moms to have their children get dressed up "french style" and it was amazing. One boy had a black curly mustache, and Napoleon hats, fancy "Belle" dresses, lots of medals. Crazy.

We first had them sit (11 kids) and I taught them some French phrases (thanks Mrs. Lawton). We also prayed for the spiritual condition of our French friends. Then we split up the group and worked on French cuisine of Chocolate covered strawberries and Provencal Rosemary almonds. The other group worked on a coloring a french phrase book. Then we swapped. After everything was made, we had the tea with crossonts with Nutella, fruit platter, cheese/crackers, and the two delightful things we made. YUM! Before the kids got their plate, they had to answer my french question. WTG kids. They took their plates and watched Madeline (a short 15 min video) looking for French phrases.

Thank you for the wonderful ideas. My 7 yr. old daughter and I were just looking for inspiration for a Napoleonic tea party for tomorrow night's family night. We appreciate you taking the time to share your successful experience.