Thread: Classic vs. Redesign

We are trying to raise the bar in our coop and make some strategic changes to help us as teachers to be the best prepared and give the best for our kids. With that said, we have used Year 3 redesigned and loved it. But, wondering if the uncertainty of the timetable for redesign year 4 - should we use classic to be certain we will have time to prepare. Are there huge differences? If we loved the layout of year 3 redesign will it be difficult with class year 4, etc etc....

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hmmm...
    I'd say that Year 4 Classic is very solid...I've used it myself three times. That said, Redesigned is much more streamlined and *many* of the Classic books are out of print.

Something else for you to think about: In Redesign, we are striving to provide really good literature and gentle histories for lower and upper grammar levels to offset the wars, women's rights, etc. that older students encounter in quite a bit more detail. This wasn't necessarily the case in Classic. So, in Redesign, you can look for more things such as Winnie the Pooh, Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables, The Railway Children, etc.

It's true that we can't say that the timetable is 100% guaranteed. However, so far we are on track and God seems to be provided resources for us to continue and finish.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

President, Lampstand Press
    I would strongly recommend using Redesigned copies. I don't anticipate delays such as we experienced last year because of the nature of DE deliveries and our current projected production schedule which, barring acts of God, has us comfortably on time at this stage of the year.

HTH!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon