Thread: License for co-op

I am thinking about small co-op.

History and Government: Teachers of each classroom section must purchase a full copy of Tapestry of Grace. (If one teacher teaches two subjects or two sections of one subject, she can work from the same purchased Tapestry of Grace manual.) Student licenses permit teachers to photocopy or print and distribute any/all pages of the Student Activity Pages found on The Loom that apply to History and Government work (including map work). Such teachers may not use/distribute sections that deal with Literature or Philosophy. They can also use and publish to their students assignments from the Tapestry reading assignment charts for their class's learning level only. (Teachers must extract and reformat this information. Copying of Reading Assignment Charts or the Excel Resource Lists is not permitted under this agreement.) Teachers may use the background information, hands-on ideas, and discussion outlines in class (and for their individual families) only. Copying and distributing materials from the Teacher's Notes is strictly forbidden.
    Just to make sure that I understand that part correctly:

If a family wants to participate only in the History/Government, and I own a copy of TOG for the whole year, they will pay $25 - $35 (depending on the learning stage - G, UG, D or R) per child.

I should then provide:
    History/Government SAP(are they allowed to receive General Information for all grades page copied from SAP also?),
    Map Aids pages,
    Reading Assignments (but I need to make a special custom made page for Reading Assignments?).

What about SAP pages that have some history and some church history on them? How do I do that? Print a page, cover up half of the page including Church history and copy? What about supplements?

I am confused about the last two sentences in the above quotes. Can I provide a page with accountability/thinking questions on a custom made sheet? Can I distribute Weekly Overview pages(or custom pages based in the info included there)?

What about Unit introduction?

Will they have access to the Key Documents in Government Studies on the eProducts online?

Thanks

President, Lampstand Press
    Hi Iwona,

First, thanks for your honesty and questions.

Your questions are interspersed with answers below:

"If a family wants to participate only in the History/Government, and I own a copy of TOG for the whole year, they will pay $25 - $35 (depending on the learning stage - G, UG, D or R) per child."

This is correct.

"I should then provide: History/Government SAP(are they allowed to receive General Information for all grades page copied from SAP also?), Map Aids pages, Reading Assignments (but I need to make a special custom made page for Reading Assignments?)."

You *may* then provide copies of *ANY and ALL* History/Government SAP (so, yes), Reading Assignments (that you must retype, since all the reading assignments are listed together on one chart, and these students won't have paid for assignments in other disciplines), and Geography assignments (but NOT MapAids--this is a separate product with distinct copyrights). Students should probably purchase their own outline maps, or print them from the Internet, or you could do so. Many blank outline maps are available for free; many of these are listed on our website.

"What about SAP pages that have some history and some church history on them? How do I do that? Print a page, cover up half of the page including Church history and copy? What about supplements?"

Yes, where material from other disciplines appear on the same sheet, you should plan to either mask and photocopy the correct portions or (easier, I think) copy/paste from originals in digital format onto new worksheets made for these students' use. Supplements that are written for use with History/Geography/Maps may be used freely.

"I am confused about the last two sentences in the above quotes. Can I provide a page with accountability/thinking questions on a custom made sheet? Can I distribute Weekly Overview pages(or custom pages based in the info included there)?"

Basically, those last two sentences are saying that you can't copy/distribute our Background Information or Teachers' Notes discussions to these students, but you may freely use them to teach in your classroom.

HTH!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

That helps, thank you so much.

Now, that I look at the SAP pages, another question comes to mind. Are Fine Arts & Activities in LG and UG SAP pages considered to be History/Government assignments? Could these be printed in the case I stated above?

I am sorry to be so "picky" but I would like to provide clear information to those who are asking me.

thanks

Is there a possibility for a family to pay for co-op license only for the first Unit for TOG Y4?

Thanks