Thread: Ryken Glossary Terms

Has anyone made a pdf to be printed on cardstock for study usage? Just don't want to reinvent the wheel!
    Reneevelker@gmail.com

I'm bumping this topic only to ask if you moms experienced in teaching R lit find the value of the lit term cards in the making of them or in the having/using them? Is there value in having my 9th grade dd actually make these cards? Or will she be as well served by my joining Renee above in hunting down a pdf and printing them off for dd to use for review? I just counted the terms assigned from Ryken in wks 7-9 and nearly fell off my chair! (There are 99 of them.) If there is value in having dd make them, I'll spread them out of the whole unit. But if she should use the cards to learn and review the terms, she can simply start doing so during wks 7-9.

Thanks,
    Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Mom View Post
    I'm bumping this topic only to ask if you moms experienced in teaching R lit find the value of the lit term cards in the making of them or in the having/using them? Is there value in having my 9th grade dd actually make these cards? Or will she be as well served by my joining Renee above in hunting down a pdf and printing them off for dd to use for review? I just counted the terms assigned from Ryken in wks 7-9 and nearly fell off my chair! (There are 99 of them.) If there is value in having dd make them, I'll spread them out of the whole unit. But if she should use the cards to learn and review the terms, she can simply start doing so during wks 7-9.

Thanks,
    Monica
    Honestly, Monica at this age level I think there is a lot more value in having the student create their own cards if they need them. The process of writing or typing them up is valuable in learning the terms.

I think when we moms jump in and do this for our kids we are actually removing a valuable part of the processing of learning vocabulary.
    Pat
    "Of two evils, choose neither."
    Charles H. Spurgeon
    http://www.spurgeon.org/mainpage.htm

That's what I wanted to know! Thanks, Pat.

Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11