Thread: Spelling Power.. and then what?

Dear Fellow-pilgrims,
    I have just got back onto the forum and here I am asking so many questions already...
    We had put Spelling Power aside for a while and today just for a lark, I tested my dd (and she eagerly wanted to as well) and we find that we are at the end of the book and will have to say "Good bye" to Spelling Power soon, she is quite young (11) and reads voraciously and writes a lot too. I am of the mind, that we don't need to continue any more "formal" spelling studies, but (I can't remember where) I saw a post where one of you ladies mentioned moving to another book. If any of you wise ladies are using such a material, after finishing the Spelling Power book, I would appreciate a) The name of the "Book" and b) Your opinion on why you have chosen to do so. Thank you so very much, I am trying to evaluate my decision, with some counsel from those who have walked ahead of me.
    Thank you and may God bless you.
    Sona
    Happy to be wife to Ash and thankful to stay home and learn so much sneakily, while I teach Andrea.

President, Lampstand Press
    We moved to SAT Prep programs after students had "graduated" from our spelling program. Spelling isn't forever!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Dear Marcia,
    Thank you for the response, it is very helpful, that is what I was thinking too... But, where would one get the Sat Prep Programs? I haven't a clue.
    Thank you,
    Sona
    Happy to be wife to Ash and thankful to stay home and learn so much sneakily, while I teach Andrea.

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi Sona,
    Well, until we sell them through the Bookshelf (which we plan on doing), you can get it at Amazon. We prefer the Kaplan version. Get the one labeled for 2007.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Thank you Dana,
    For the lead, but sorry to be so "Not au fait" but, is there a particular Spelling Book for SATs or is there a generic one?
    Thank you again,
    Sona