Thread: Cutting/pasting from student activity sheets?

Is there a way to cut and paste from the student activity pages (which I think are in PDF format) to a Microsoft Word document. I have an upcoming D level this year (6th grade), and I thought it would be an easier transition for her if I pasted the accountability questions to a work page format with lines for answering.
    Thanks for any input.
    Louise

Yes, in Adobe Reader prior to the current version (8), there is a button that looks like a capitol "I." That is the select too. Click it and then highlight the text you wish to copy and then copy and paste it into a Word document

In Adobe Reader 8, you'll need to add that button to what they have selected as standard. To do that right click on the gray tool bar at the top of the window. Choose "More Tools" from the drop down list. Then scroll down to "Select & Zoom Toolbar." The first check box is the "select" button. You'll need to check that box and then say "Okay" at the bottom of the pop up window. Use as above.

While you are there you may wish to add some missing buttons such as the "Save" button.

Where is the copy and paste buttons?
    Sandy

Now I have not tried this, but I am assuming you highlight (hold down left mouse button) then right click somewhere on the highlighted portion, select copy, open Word, right click on blank page and select paste.

HTH
    Chris

In Adobe files, you first must click on "Select Text" to change the "hand" to a cursor. Then hold down the left mouse button to highlight the text, right click on it, click on copy (or copy to clipboard). Open Word, right click on the blank page and select paste.

Blessings,
    Susan in La
    Mom to 18yods (ToG graduate), 17yods (R), 15yodd (R), 13yodd (D)
    Redesigned 2

I am so happy we can cut and paste...except I just cannot figure out HOW TO do it!!

So frustrating!

I have Adobe Reader 9. I have clicked and clicked (right and left) on the gray toolbar and everywhere else-- and "more tools" does not show up anywhere..

Has anyone else ahd this problem? Can anyone help me out with htis one?

Thanks!
    Rebecca

I have Adobe Reader 9. I have clicked and clicked (right and left) on the gray toolbar and everywhere else-- and "more tools" does not show up anywhere..

Has anyone else ahd this problem? Can anyone help me out with htis one?

Thanks!
    Rebecca
    Do you have the words at top? You can use them to get this too.

Click on "tools" and the "customize tool bars." You want to go to the "Select and Zoom" toolbar and add the little snapshot camera. On my version, it is the last choice in the select and zoom area.
    Pat
    "Of two evils, choose neither."
    Charles H. Spurgeon
    http://www.spurgeon.org/mainpage.htm

Originally posted by Susan in La:
    In Adobe files, you first must click on "Select Text" to change the "hand" to a cursor. Then hold down the left mouse button to highlight the text, right click on it, click on copy (or copy to clipboard). Open Word, right click on the blank page and select paste.

Blessings,
    The "text" select tool won't maintain the formatting while the camera/snapshot tool will.
    Pat
    "Of two evils, choose neither."
    Charles H. Spurgeon
    http://www.spurgeon.org/mainpage.htm

Sorry, I do not understand nay of these instructions.I am as confused as ever...

When I open TOG DE in Lock Lizard, the grey horizantal bar only shows File, View, Document and Help. I have opened each of these and none of them has anything about selecting text or tools etc..

If I open Adobe Acrobat Reader in Programs,the gray horizontal bar has 2 additional listings: Window and Tools. I have changed the setting preference in Adobe itself, but after I click OK, then reopen the "customize Taskbar", none of the changes I made are there and they are certainly not reflected when I open TOG with Lock Lizard.

Cutting and Pating was a big sell feature for the DE edition as far as I was concerned. I am very frustrated that it is not working for me.
    Any help with this problem greatly appreciated!
    Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I think I see your problem. In DE, the Locklizard files are not copy/paste - able. What you need to do, is to go to the Loom. To get there, when you open your DE click on any unit at the top. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen to see the Loom logo on the bottom right, and click on that. Once the Loom opens, scroll to the bottom of the list of links, and click on "Workbook Content" for whichever unit you need. This will open pdf file versions of the Student Activity Pages. The pdf files are the ones in adobe format, and this is where Pat's instructions come in. They're not "locked" like the lock lizard files are.

hope this helps,
    Jana