Thread: New to TOG

I just downloaded Year 2. This will be our first time using TOG. I see that in the first week we are to learn about nouns, but I don't see the resources for how to teach about them. I, of course, can handle teaching something as simple as nouns, but wonder if I'm missing something. Do I need to order the writing aids for this information?

President, Lampstand Press
    Hi, "M"

Welcome to Tapestry of Grace. The basic answer is "it depends."

Writing Aids tells you details about implementing various genres of writing, but it is not a grammar handbook. Thus, the basic answer to your real question, "Do I need Writing Aids to know enough to implement the writing assignments offered on pages 8-10 of each Tapestry week-plan?" is "Yes, unless you already know how to instruct about report writing, or compare/contrast writing, or other genres."

However, your question above HAPPENS to center on nouns, which brings up the point that Writing Aids is not a Grammar handbook. In it, we do offer creative teaching approaches to grammar with young students, but you would also need (over the years) a Grammar handbook, and we recommend that you use a simple Grammar program with your children: the Easy Grammar series, which our sister store, Bookshelf Central, carries.

HTH!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Thank you!