Thread: Walk with y'shua UG week 7-9

I am trying to look ahead and purchase books I may need in the near future. When I get on Amazon this book by Wertheim and Shapiro has a very low rating. The reviews say that it is written by a cult and it is neither Jewish or Christian but rather sneakily cultish. Does anyone out there have the book and can you give me feedback on this issue?
    Thanks,
    Anita

Hi Anita,

We are just finishing up week 7 and are using this book for an upper grammar student. I think this book is perfect for this age group. My DD is learning a lot about Jewish customs and loves to tell me things that she has discovered in this book. I have found nothing "cultish" in it. I do have to admit that I haven't read the whole book, but what I have read is written in a way that helps a Christian understand where the Jewish Holidays originated. The book includes craft ideas, recipes, scripture verses to memorize,and ideas for celebrating the specific holidays.

I hope this answers your questions.

God bless you.

This book is put out by Jews for Jesus. We enjoyed the book and found it consistent with our worldview. I think those who are Jewish might find the book offensive - thus the poor reviews.

HTH,
    Jenna