Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virtual co op for year 3 redesigned in Fall-anyone?

HI-- We will be starting year 3 in the Fall (i guess i usually start in august) I have 1 dialectic and 1 upper grammar (2 lower grammar too) Looking to start a virtual co op for the fall-anyone interested?
    pam

Never heard of any one doing a virtual co-op; we might be interested (we have a lower grammar and dialectic/rhetoric student). How would you describe what a typical session would look like?
    Steve

Hello!
    Just a note of encouragement - I have been part of an on-line virtual co-op for R students yr 3 redesigned this year. My two sons, grades 9 and 11, participate with several other high school students and I and the other mothers take turns leading discussions for history and literature. It has been a great experience and has kept us on track - highly valuable! I don't have any D students, but there is a D level co-op with our group since several families have students at various levels. UG might be a little young for an on-line group, but I don't know.
    We meet on Thursdays, with about 2 hours devoted to history, a short break, and two hours or so devoted to literature. My 9th grader is pretty squirrelly by the end of lit. I think the time would need to be shorter for younger students!
    Blessings,
    April

We might be interested also - LG and UG student. Please contact us with details!

Hello Ladies...You may want to check out the TOG Synergy Group...it is a group dedicated to Virtual Co-oping with Tapestry of Grace. We have been pretty quiet this winter but things will start picking up now that people are starting to think about next school year. There is a database started there where you can list your information if you are looking for a virtual co-op and a database for current virtual co-ops. We will also be having spring seminairs.

Come check us out...
    TOGVirtualCo-opSynergy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Blessings,
    Barb Spanier
    Co-Moderator
    TOG Synergy
    Blessings,

Barb

Barb Spanier
    Director
    Lampstand Learning Center
    bspanier@llc.tapestryofgrace.com

I have year 3 classic but deeply desire to have our two boys work with a virtual coop. I have been a part of classic version coops before and LOVED it. Wondering if you would consider letting us join. Both boys are upper grammar.
    Soli Deo Gloria,
    Heather S.

Hi,

I have a dialectic student and we would be interested in joining a virtual co-op for year 3. Please let me know if there are current plans to do so.
    Thanks,
    Bridget

hi--- this is pam and i originally started this thread. Looks like there is interest in a upper grammar coop and a dialectic coop. Is that what others are looking for? I have never doneon online coop so i am not sure where to start but i will begin looking for information
    We plan to start in September.
    if anyone has ideas of how to get this started, send them in!
    thanks pam

Ladies...you may want to join the TOG Virtual Co-op Synergy group. There is information in the files on how to start a virtual co-op and it is a good place to find others. I know there are a number of ladies over there working on starting new co-ops this year. And I believe there are co-ops that are looking for new members.

Also..next week Lampstand will be having two webinars on Virtual Co-oping. Tuesday will be WHAT IS A VIRTUAL CO-OP and Wednesday will be HOW TO START AND RUN A VIRTUAL CO-OP.

Here is the link to get the the Yahoo TOG Virutal Co-op Synergy Group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TOGVirtualCo-opSynergy

Blessings,
    Barb Spanier
    Blessings,

Barb

Barb Spanier
    Director
    Lampstand Learning Center
    bspanier@llc.tapestryofgrace.com

TOG is hosting upcoming Webinars on how to put together & run virtual co-ops. You may want to check those out. They should save you a lot of time.

Also, I have 2 children who are at the UG & Dialectic stage. We might be interested.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast