Thread: Out of Print Books

Hi! I am needing to purchase Year 3 of Tapestry..and I notice that there seems to be many out of print books.. (according to the "updated book list" listed on the website)so, I am wondering, are these out of print books updated on the resource list, and the year plan? I mean, will I know which books I need to replace before I buy what the resource list says? Does any of this make sense?? HElP!

If you use the resource lists found at Book Shelf Central and Lampstand the new books not the OoP books will appear on it.

If you have an old print edition of redesign, it may have a list on the LOOM disc that came with it that has the OoP books on it as the Loom disc was created at some one moment in time and is not updated.

I don't know much about DE, but I assume it stays up to date like the lists found at Lampstand and Book Shelf Central.

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    The Book Updates Charts have the most current information available because we update it *as* books go out-of-print. We include those updates from the Book Updates Charts in the big updates for DE that we do twice a year: in the fall and spring.

Hope that gives you a bit more clarity.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Okay, thank you ladies! But,when I go to make my resource list for Year 3 Unit 1 for all subjects and for the LG, UG, and D levels..I do not see any of the OoP books, or replacement titles that the OoP book page lists. Make sense? For example, the OoP book lists the book:
    Napoleon: The Story of the Little Corporal
    Robert Burleigh
    Used in weeks 35 of Year 2 and weeks 1 and 2 of Year 3

Lower Grammar History

Out of print: January 2011

Okay, and the replacement title is: You Wouldn't Want to Be an Aristocrat in the French Revolution

Jim Pipe

But, I do not see EITHER of these titles when I go to print out my resource list for Year 3, Unit 1. These titles say (in the OoP list) that they are for LG, Yr.3 Unit 1..so, do you see my confusion? I obviously do not actually HAVE yr.3 Unit 1 yet though..is it sold by the unit or is it the whole year plan too by the way? Okay, thanks!

Tanya B.

Okay, so now I FINALLY went to Bookshelf Central and I see the replacement books for the ones I was confused about. So, where should a person print off his/her resource list, from Lampstand Press or Bookshelf Central, b/c obviously they are different?

Tanya, I'm wondering if the difference on this one book is that it used both at the end of Year 2 and at the beginning of Year 3.

Well, I actually thought of that as well...but it does not appear to be just that one book! I guess I will just use the list from Bookshelf Central to PURCHASE books, but use the resource list from Lampstand Press to know which level which book is for? Whadda think?

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    There are currently glitches in the Resource List that we are trying to correct. It will be a couple of more months before everything is straight. Regardless, Bookshelf Central has the most current book list that you can rely on (because they hear about the out of print books first).

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Okay thank you Dana, so I probably should just go to Bookshelf Central to get my resource lists as well correct? Also, the "stand-alone" CD's just mean, that the Map Aids are all that are on that particular CD, the Evaluation CD for UG is ALL that is on that CD, etc. am I correct on that? Thanks for everything!!