Thread: IEW assignments tailored for TOG Year 3

Does anyone know of IEW assignments tailored for TOG Year 3? I am in my 5th year of using TOG but like IEW for our compostion work. The past two years I have used the history-based writing lessons IEW sells. While I REALLY like them, I would prefer lessons specifically relating to the TOG weeks. Anyone know of something already put together so I don't have to?

Blessings,
    April in WA

check out the IEW yahoo group files section, they have tons

Could someone tell me how to find the IEW yahoo group files?

Thanks,

Liz Bennett

Hi Liz!

You need to have a Yahoo account so you can join various groups. Then, just search within Yahoo Groups for IEW. By the way, there are plenty of files in the Tapestry Loose Threads group, too, linking IEW to Tapestry year plans.

Here are a couple of links you might find helpful:

Links to Tapestry Mail Groups
    IEW Families Yahoo Group

Blessings,
    Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Hi April,
    I've purchased the IEW High School Essay Intensive and use it with the Coral TOG topic pages. You can take TOG's topics for History writing and use those for your Essay topics in IEW Essays. It's also good (more so for jr high -High school) to practice writing essays on topics that were just covered in History OR Literature and brainstorm (outline or mind map) with your children. If you do this together with them you can be their role model in doing this quickly - giving them practice in the brainstorming part of writing for real SAT tests.
    I just use the IEW High School Essay Intensive as our guide for writing essays and basically either use topics from the Coral TOG writing lesson ideas OR just go over the TOG SAP questions and look for topics right in the SAP questions. We did this all last year for TOG 4 literature and it has worked out great!

Enjoy TOG writing,
    Vanessa - In Central NJ

Hello Vanessa,
    Do you use any other IEW materials for your highschool students, or do you only use the High School Essay Intensive? I am thinking about using the intensive as SAT prep, and I am curious about their high school level material. Thanks mucho!
    Blessings,
    april

April!
    Where in WA are you? We are in Tacoma.
    Patty in WA
    Trisch Mama of 4
    "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1Thessalonians 5:11