Thread: Mac OS X Lion will not run Lock Lizard

I didn't heed the warning, I downloaded Mac OS X Lion and now my TOG DE will not operate.

Do you have a copy of Leopard or Snow Leopard to reinstall?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim ~ Ovid
    For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison ~ Paul
    http://rivendellpress.wordpress.com/

As I wrote in the other post, I am running Locklizard with Firefox (with Lion)...!

This whole situation was an accident for me, too, but now I am most delighted ;-)))

After installing Lion, I thought I would give Firefox a try. I downloaded it on the site with the "international options". The version is actually quite old, I believe (3...). Right after downloading, I was asked whether I wanted to update, which I didn't do...

...and here I am, with Lion, Firefox and Locklizard working fine on my MacbookPro...!
    I still can't believe my luck (and, believe me, luck it was, as I don't know a thing about computers...!).

Hth!

RayatTOG
    Mac OS X will run LockLizard. More details here: http://tapestryofgrace.groupee...8107281/m/8527097506

still not working for me. will be calling you soon

I'd like to install Lion but am wondering if it still causes problems with TOG DE. I'm using Firefox for my DE now. Will I be OK if I install Lion?
    In TOG Year 2 (our second cycle through) with 2 rhetoric and 2 upper grammar students....and a toddler along for the ride!

RayatTOG
    Tapestry DE will run fine on OS X with Firefox.

Thanks Ray!
    In TOG Year 2 (our second cycle through) with 2 rhetoric and 2 upper grammar students....and a toddler along for the ride!

I've been running my DE on Firefox but it's very cumbersome because whenever I open a file (maps, evals, etc.), rather than just open it up, my Mac puts it in my Downloads folder. Then I have to go hunt it down. Is there an easier way that I'm not aware of?

Hello Martha!

If you're on a Mac, Firefox is the browser we suggest and that is the way it will work. The reason for this is because unlike Safari, Firefox is not built into the Mac's operating system. This means that when Firefox encounters a file to open, it doesn't have the resources to know which application to open the file with. Its solution for this is to save the file to the downloads folder. That way when you double-click to open the file, the operating system can determine which application should be used to open it. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this on Firefox.

One other option would be to use the browser Google Chrome. Chrome takes the same approach, but its download "window" is built into the bottom of the browser. After clicking on a link in the DE, the file would show up on the bottom bar and you could click to open it from there. The only reason I hesitate to suggest Chrome is because it will not open the Loom.

As you can tell, it's kind of a "pick your poison" dilemma for Macs at the moment when it comes to which browser to use with the Tapestry DE.
    Alex Holt
    Technical Director
    Lampstand Press