Thread: week 10 question about Bible verses to share with the Hindus...

In the lapbook week 10 it talks about Bible verses to share with themHindus. Does anyone know where I would find a source for this? Thanks!

President, Lampstand Press
    Are there none in the Teacher's Notes discussion pages?
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

There are some verses in the orange boxes, but I wasn't sure if these were verses that would be shared with Hindus or just overview verses. They didn't seem like verses that I would share if trying to witness to a Hindu. For example, Rom. 1:18-20 is a wonderful verse that talks about how we are all accountable for knowing God, but would you use this to witness to them?

What I did was to take the basics of Hindu beliefs and then answer them with the Bible. So, I just came up with my own verses.

Hindus believe in many gods. Deut. 6:4 tells us that there is one God.

Hindus believe in Karma. If you do bad things and build up bad karma you come back in a lower caste. Good works bring a better caste until you attain perfection. Rom. 3:23 tells us we all sin and we all are sinners. There is not one who is better than another. Eph. 2:8-9 tells us that salvation in Christ is by grace, not works. 1 John 1:9 tells us that if we confess our sins to God he will forgive. Only God through Jesus can deal with sin, our good works do not erase our sin.

Hindus believe in reincarnation. Heb. 9:27-28 tells us that it is appointed unto man to once die and then we are judged by God.

Overall I would also use Acts4:10-12 that teaches that salvation can only come through Jesus Christ. There is no other name under Heaven that we can call upon for salvation.

I hope this helps you!
    In Christ,
    Karen Twombly
    Come visit : peacefulgatherings.blogspot.com

That's great, thanks!!

Yes, thank you for posting the verses you used. I did a google search and this thread came up as number one on the search results. I was very thankful because it was precisely what I was looking for!