Thread: Down syndrome ?

Hi! ANyone using TOG with a child w/ DS? My dd is 13 and we're starting TOG in Aug. Thanks!

Hi,

I also have a 13 yo with DS. Mine is a son. David homeschooled with us until last year when I put him in public school because he required one on one attention and I didn't have any time to spend with my 2 girls, 12 and 10. As they got more independent it got harder to include David in what they were doing. He really enjoyed public school and even won the main school award at the end of the year and came home with a brand new lap top computer.
    We have done TOG for 5 years. We love it.

Fay
    Fay, mother to David (age 16,with Down Syndrome), Rebecca (age 14-Rhetoric) and Jenny (age 12-Dialectic). 9th yr doing TOG.

My 13 year old son is developmentally delayed and this is my first year of homeschooling him and I am doing LG and Year 1 with him. We read everything aloud and I write the writing assignment (parts of speech and writing process etc.) and he copies it. But I had him answer a who, what, when, where,why graphic organizer on a Magic Schoolhouse trip to Egypt we had read and that went pretty well. I've got him doing 3rd grade work with modifications. He understands something one day but forgets the next so it's frustrating. But I know we're on the right track.