Thread: Alternate books for Orthodox families?

I'm looking at TOG year 2 (LG and UG levels) and really liking what I see, but am a little concerned about a few books selections (Trial and Triumph specifially, but there are others). Are there alternates listed somewhere for Orthodox/Catholic families?
    Dama

Hi Dama! I also saw your post on the Orthodox Classical Curriculum group. I am also heading into year 2 next year, and am going to start researching this myself. I would be happy to share any information I come across, and would be interested to know what you find also.

Halie

Hi Halie,
    Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this! Thanks for your response.

Just to add info to this thread:
    We own A History of the Church by John Mason Neale, put out by Paidea classics, but it only gives history up to the Council of Chalcedon, so it not a good substitute for Year 2 Trial and Triumph. I have yet to find one or two resources that will take it from there. I really don't want to have to put one together myself, but I guess a chronological reading of saints lives might do it. Just sort of defeats the purpose of using TOG for me...I don't want to have to do all the work anymore! :P
    Dama

Hi Ladies,
    I am not Orthodox but rather Roman Catholic. But I wanted you to know that a TOG Catholic Yahoo Group exists. You might find some helpful alternate resources in the files section of that group. Just FYI.

Martha

PS - We're headed into Year 2 again as well.
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.