Thread: General Year 2 Map Aids question

To all you experienced Map Aids/Tapestry users...

I am sure the answer to my question is out there in the literature somewhere, but I am not finding it quickly. Rather than spend hours looking, I figured I would go to the experts.

I will be using the overlay maps with my rhetoric students this coming school year. While I understand that there is a column to reference for base maps and the overlays which is the 3rd column on the Map Aids disk - are we to do the maps in column 2 as well? They appear to be different some weeks, i.e. mapping different areas. Other weeks they appear to be the same.

Thanks for your input.

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    When students are setting up their notebooks at the beginning of the school year, they have the option of doing paper maps, the transparency project, or a combination of the two. If they choose the transparency map, they need to choose which countries they are going to follow the progression of. Unless they choose to do only the transparency project, they won't do ALL mapwork on transparencies.

So, let's say that the student chooses to follow the progression of Europe and of the United States through the transparency project. When a map of Italy or Australia is assigned, the student will do a paper map instead. And then, of course, there are times when it doesn't make sense to do an overlay because there has been no base map made previously.

So, yes, do the maps in column 2 when you aren't doing the transparency project for the countries you choose.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4