Thread: Thank you for preparing my son well

We'll be graduating our oldest in a few weeks. I can't believe how fast this time has gone. We have used Tapestry from the beginning of our homeschool journey back in 2003 and I want to thank you all for the wonderful education my son has received through the curriculum. He was accepted at a number of colleges, some that are not easy to get into, and time after time we were told how impressed the admissions department was with the depth of his education, especially history and literature. In August he will begin what we pray will be a wonderful 4 years at Patrick Henry College as a history major. A little mommy brag alert, but also a TOG brag alert: Ben received the Herodotus Scholarship at PHC. So thank you Marcia, Dana, Christy, et al, we love you and appreciate you and will keep praying for your efforts.
    Karen
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim ~ Ovid
    For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison ~ Paul
    http://rivendellpress.wordpress.com/

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Oh, SUCH good news! I feel like a proud mama for your son! To God be ALL the glory!!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

President, Lampstand Press
    Dear Karen,

Thanks for the kudos, but really, it's moms like you that make ANY curriculum a living, breathing tool in the hands of God for both education and discipleship. So, thanks to YOU for being faithful and diligent, and preparing your world-changer well for the journey that lies ahead of him!

God bless!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Congratulations, Karen! My oldest will be applying to colleges this fall, so I'm loving seeing successes from TOG'ers who are going before us!