Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get your opinon on my weekly overview page?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to organize TOG and I don't use software (Homeschool Tracker, EduTrack, etc) to organize our lessons. Would you mind looking at this and giving me your opinion?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...nit1_Week6.jpg

Thank you, I'm a newbie to TOG.
    Jessica

Using TOG Y3, with LG focus and Writing Aids

WOW! I am very impressed. Will you do something like this for the other levels too? I might have to steal your idea?

Susan

Wow, I am very impressed as well, how did you do the format? I would like a similar set up.
    Very impressive!
    Cristina, still new to TOG, but not homeschooling!
    Just a thought do you do the SOTW activities as well? We are in year 4 and I just ordered the SOTW set. But is it already planned by TOG in other years?

I am extremely impressed and I remember you other posts and I guess I just have one caution...don't burn yourself out!!! You are only teaching a 7yo!!! I may steal your planner for my dialectic kids, but I can't imagine doing this much planning for a 1st or 2nd grader!!! Just remember schooling is a marathon!!! If he is reading well and doing well in math, then you are ahead of the game. TOG at this age is gravy. I just know that I am getting tired after 4 years. Your planner looks great and is MORE than enough planning for such a young one!!!
    Christine

Originally posted by momsgarden2:
    Wow, I am very impressed as well, how did you do the format?
    I used to be a graphic designer, I created it in Adobe Illustrator. I have a mac so I cannot recommend any programs for a pc that will allow you to create columns of text.

Just a thought do you do the SOTW activities as well? We are in year 4 and I just ordered the SOTW set. But is it already planned by TOG in other years?
    No, at this point the only reason I have the SOTW AG is because we were using it prior to this week. SOTW was our history program. I have all 4 books but I will not buy any more activity guides for SOTW.

In the Redesigned Years, TOG has SOTW listed as a textbook resource (on the right) in the Reading Assignment pages.

Thank you,
    Jessica

Originally posted by Christine TX:
    I am extremely impressed and I remember you other posts and I guess I just have one caution...don't burn yourself out!!!
    This invigorates me and allows me to "own" our studies, I would burn out and become very bored following someone else's plan. Thank you for waving the flag of caution, it is duly noted.

Plus this is how I'm learning.
    Jessica

Originally posted by SusanK:
    Will you do something like this for the other levels too? I might have to steal your idea?
    I don't know yet, the test of time will determine that. Sure steal away, in fact if you want a blank one, let me know it wouldn't be a big deal to email you one.

Jessica

That looks fantastic. The only suggestion I have might be to change the bullets from dots to boxes so that you can check it off when you've completed it! Otherwise, it looks incredible!
    ~*~ Shellie ~*~
    mom of:
    Rachel 22, college girl
    Tara 20, college girl
    Zak 17, high schooler
    Josh 15, high schooler
    Megan 9, fourth grader
    Darcy Kate 7, third grader
    Precious little Lily, 3 years old!
    Baby Benjamin, born January 7, 2009

Thank you, I was worried it was too much but I think planning a unit at a time won't be so bad. It'll give me a chance to really think about how we're going to meet the objectives of the week before we get to it and be a good tool for me once we're in the thick of it.

I just cannot wade through pages and pages for each week when I'm trying to focus on a LG/UG mix- the other levels are distracting when I'm trying to keep it simple for where we are.

I love the name Lily!
    Jessica

I came back to admit that I stopped using the form once I became comfortable with TOG. I know newbies are coming on here everyday so I'll just quickly share what I do. For Lower Grammar level only

Print out from the Loom:
    - Student Activity Pages for literature
    - Print out Lower Grammar student activities page with projects and geography

Print out from MapAids
    - just the teacher map unless I have a purpose in mind for simple labeling the LG map.

With the Homeschooling in the Woods timeline figures CD I create biography pages for one key person each week, especially if we're reading a biography. This is a very simple form.

What I learned about ____________________.

Picture of ______________________________
    Person __________________________________

I require my LG child to write a sentence about the beginning of the person's life, a sentence about a change in the person's life and a sentence about how the person changed the world. Finally, I require a sentence about how the person's life ended, if it did.

With my dd, who's very artistic, I decided to go with paper craft activities instead of lapbooking or the activity books in the year plans. We use products like History Pockets, Hands-On History and Easy Make and Learn Projects titles to provide the activity portion of our lessons for the week.

I plan 1 entire unit at a time instead of trying to plan out an entire year. In fact we've changed our yearly schedule to be quarters with TOG leading how much time we'll spend.

I hope this helps others, we fall in love with TOG more everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast