Thread: Dialectic Literary Terms Resource

It's truly amazing all of the information that is included in TOG. I was looking for a way to streamline our homeschool, and realized that there was a literature program right in front of me. I don't *need* to have my children use a separate lit program.

However, it's been some time since I've done a lot of literary analysis, and I'm sure I've forgotten more than I ever learned. Do any of you have a resource for the Dialectic level that would help me to teach the literary terms for my dd?

Thanks.

susie
    momma to four girls in tx

How about this one? This comes from one of the moms in the co-op I'm part of (Sorry I don't remember who created it - Maggie??), who gleaned it from Great Source handbooks. Anyway, it has served those of us who were not English majors to be able to impart to our dc the basics of literary knowledge. We gave a copy to each child, and every time we discuss literature, we have them refer to it. HTH!
    Blessings!
    Becky

This is wonderful, Becky! Thanks so much!

susie
    momma to four girls

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    With the advent of Redesigned Year-Plans, I personally wouldn't recommend buying another resource for teaching literature. (That said, at the dialectic level in Redesigned Year 1, the literary analysis is minimal because we want kids at that age to really grasp the Bible teachings.)

On your Loom disk, you'll find a number of literature helps. In Redesigned Year 2 (and eventually 3 and 4), there are dialectic lit terms within nearly every week-plan, plus access to all of the Loom documents.

Hope this helps!
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Sorry Dana - I am just now starting to see all the wonderful perks of Redesign after being a classic user (mainly teaching Dialectics) all these years. Thanks for the clarity! I can't wait to get into my new Year 1 Redesign
    Blessings!
    Becky