Thread: Virtual co-op is coming together!

We have worked at this for several weeks now, and it looks like we finally have some "flesh" on the skeleton co-op that started here back in May. We still have a few spots in both the Dialectic and the Rhetoric group and would like to extend the invitation again in case some have missed it. We are initially focusing on Lit discussions only, but are open to adding in History as the year progresses, if that seems favorable to all.

For specifics about our group, or to ask questions, feel free to email me for a document showing what we have nailed down at this point. (Some of the finer details are still being hammered out.) We are beginning with Week 1 on Aug. 27 which is just around the corner!

landmharper@earthlink.net

Have a wonderful year!
    Marcie
    Y3 Redesigned with 2 DI, 1 UG, 1 K'ger, and 1 toddler

Marcie,

This will be the third year I've used tapestry. I am from northwestern PA and this year I will be teaching Y2 to one daughter age 15, one son age 13, and one son age 10. How would a virtual co-op work?

Thanks,
    Brenda
    bvanm@verizon.net

Hi Brenda,

The post you replied to is actually from last August, so our Y2 co-op is finishing up next week! I see that there are several people wanting to do something like a virtual co-op - so I would encourage all of you to do what we did last summer - MAKE IT HAPPEN!

It was worth all the effort that we put into it and we'll be doing it again for Y3. I'll try to give more specifics on another post later on, but I would just say that someone needs to take the initiative to get it organized. Sounds like the interest is there.
    Marcie
    Y3 Redesigned with 2 DI, 1 UG, 1 K'ger, and 1 toddler

Hello Ladies,

This will be my forth year participating in a virtual co-op. I just started a Yahoo Group specifically for virtual co-ops: how to, share ideas, find others...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TOGVirtualCo-opSynergy/

We are new but hopefully this will be a place of great help.

Blessings,
    Barb Spanier
    Blessings,

Barb

Barb Spanier
    Director
    Lampstand Learning Center
    bspanier@llc.tapestryofgrace.com

Hi Marcie,

I would be interested in helping start a virtual coop for year 2. My kids are similar ages to yours: son 14, daughter 13, daughter 13. I have no idea how to do it, but would be willing to learn, if a few more people would like to be part of the process.
    Anybody interested, please let me know.
    Roseli Stafford
    North Carolina