Thread: Overlays?

Are they meant to be printed on transparent sheets?

The answer to this is obvious I'm sure. But as I am in my seventh hour of planning and didn't finish my first cup of coffee... The fog is setting in.

(But, may I say, Tapestry has gone so far PAST my expectations at this point. I'm just amazed.)
    Blessings,
    Kelly

Mama to Many

Oh, my! If you're having this much fun without a whole cup of coffee under your belt, you're doing well!

Yes, overlays are meant to be printed onto transparency sheets -- IF you are doing the transparency atlas project instead of just paper maps. There is a complete description of how to tackle this project on the Loom.

One thing to consider, it can be tough to precisely line up the base map and the overlays. My dd has used paper clips while she is working on her overlay. We've also printed the base map onto cardstock and then cut down the transparency overlays a bit so we can tape one edge of each overlay to a side of the base map. That way the registration won't move and you can still lift up or put down whichever overlays you want to look at like sequential lift-the-flap books.

Have fun!
    Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Many people don't actually print the overlays, just put them over the map. At least one clever friend of mine used page protectors which she slipped the printed map into.

Your clever friend is a genius and tell her Kelly says thank you... I hadn't thought of that. But one less trip to Copyworks sure makes my day!

Thank you both for your replies. I think I'm starting to grasp all of this. We start on MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Kelly

Mama to Many