Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Y3 co-op in Frisco, TX

I am starting a co-op in the Frisco area of Texas. We have 5-6 families from our church sharing teaching responsiblities. How can I access Marcia's Co-op section in the forum? I read in one place that I need to e-mail for a special code to have access but where do I send the e-mail to? Is it Marcia@lampstandpress.com? I already have a share and save number that I share with the group. I will probably be doing the ordering for everyone to share the credit with them rather than buying gift certificates if that is okay. I just want to know the right way to use the share and save and how to run a co-op properly.

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question but, we just found out this week that we are moving to the Plano area from Florida. We were just going to start going to go to our first coop using TOG redesign year 3, but now it looks like we are moving instead. Can you tell me about your coop? do you have room for another family? I have a 6th, 5th and 3rd grader.
    Thank you,
    Daralynn
    Daralynn

Gayle,

I don't know if your co-op code question was answered for you already, but I wanted to share the normal policy with you.

We ask the co-op leader to request a Share & Save code for the co-op (indicate this in the "notes" section of your application). Ideally this is different from your personal code for two reasons. 1 - Having a separate code for co-ops helps our records; we can see clearly when large groups are ordering, and we can address their specific needs better. 2 - It allows you to correctly use your personal code: giving it to those with whom you're sharing Tapestry. Your co-op isn't technically in that group of people.

Once you request a co-op code, it is considered "temporary" for six weeks while we wait for your co-op to order $500 or more using that code. (This is the equivalent of two year plans or a year plan with resource books; VERY easy to achieve with a co-op.) If you have reached that goal in six weeks, your code becomes permanent, and you can continue to use it as a group to get savings.

As the moderator of the co-op, you will be the one issued all the gift certificates. What you do with them is up to you. We actually support the idea of co-op leaders keeping the payouts for themselves as a thank-you for all your work. However, many leaders choose not to do that, but to share them with the group. It's your decision. You can "share" by either splitting the gift certificates or making group orders (like you indicated).

I hope this is helpful! Please feel free to post, email or call with more questions.

Ally at Lampstand
    800-705-7487
    ally@lampstandpress.com

Daralynn,
    Our group of co-oping families are primarily members of Grace Church Frisco. Our church is part of Sovereign Grace Ministries which is the same group of churches that the Somervilles (authors of TOG)go to. When are you coming to Texas? What brings you to this part of the state? Do you have a church to go to yet? Please feel free to e-mail me at gayle.arbogast@sbcglobal.net and I will do my best to serve you and help you get plugged in.

gayle.arbogast@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks Gayle, I'll e-mail you.
    Daralynn
    Daralynn

Gayle,

I am in the Frisco area and looking for a TOG co-op for the fall. Would you happen to have families planning to co-op for this fall with year 3 redesigned? We will be starting yr3 this fall.

Thanks,
    Crystal

Gayle,
    I am finishing up Year 3 Redesigned and would love to sell it to you if you are interested. I
    have several of the books that go along with the
    curriculum. Beverly

Bev G,
    I would be interested in what you have in regards to Y3 Redesigned if Gayle is not interested. Please contact me at kmanclan@yahoo.com

Hi Crystal,
    We are finishing year 3 this year and going to year 4 in the fall. I have a friend who lives further out of Frisco that did year 2 this year and may be going to year 3. I will try to find out whar her plans are and let you know.

Gayle

I have a year 3 classic for sale. It has a few marks in it and a few of the whole punch are torn. I was going to sell it for $75 plus shipping . If you want it you can email me at kuzmabiz@sbcglobal.net Thanks, Faith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast