Thread: Week 13/14 Mini-Report

I've looked but can't find a description of how long a mini-report should be. I have a dialectic and rhetoric level student. Thanks! Suzie

Dear Suzie,

I told my boys to make theirs 1-2 pages long, typed and double spaced.

HTH!
    Susan in La
    Mom to 18yods (ToG graduate), 17yods (R), 15yodd (R), 13yodd (D)
    Redesigned 2

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi there,
    When we suggest a "mini-report," we're thinking more along the lines of a mini-presentation. The student could hold up a picture and give a short oral report. Or, as Susan says, it can be a 1-page report. It could also be something like a mini-poster with an oral explanation. There are lots of options...it's pretty open-ended.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Actually, one son gave an oral report (about 1.5 pages typed) and the other made a game that we all played. We had a lot of fun and look forward to continuing the process next week.
    Susan in La
    Mom to 18yods (ToG graduate), 17yods (R), 15yodd (R), 13yodd (D)
    Redesigned 2

Thanks for the input! I know that I can just assign something but the feedback from others is really helpful! Blessings, Suzie

Hello! We just got done with doing two weeks of mini-reports in our on-line co-op for R students. Great fun for all of us! Each of our students picked a topic from each week's list and did a total of two reports each. Most of the kids did power point presentations which we shared in our virtual classroom. It was wonderful for me as the discussion leader, since the kids did most of the work for those weeks! Plus, they got to have the fun of learning from each other. My sons' written reports turned out to be about 1 and 1/2 pages each, single spaced. Enjoy!
    Blessings,
    April