Thread: Considering God's Creation

I am trying to find a suitable science program for my 7 yr DD (before she starts with Apologia). Is there anyone out there who is using Considering God's Creation right now or had used this program in the past?

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you looked into Apologia Elementary series?
    http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/science.html
    or here
    https://apologia.securesites.net/sto...=index&cPath=1

We did Astronomy and are studying Botany with 5, 9 and 11 y.o.
    It's been great.

blessings

We enjoyed the Considering God's Creation science. I learned so much. Even with the copying that you can do, it is very economical for families. I felt that the information in this program was very God-honoring.

We didn't like the Apologia Elementary series. We like the high school series, though. I'm not quite sure why, but science isn't a strength of mine and I needed more direction with the Fulbright series. The books are beautifully done and God-honoring.

We are currently using AIG's God's Design series. We are working through the chemistry books. It's short and sweet and the experiments are simple to do and fully explained. This is God-honoring, too.

IM--there is no excuse to use a non-Biblical worldview based science book. I feel that all three of these are Biblical worldview based. (Why teach something that you have to unteach?) There are others Biblical science texts, but these are the ones that I have experience doing with our students.
    Blessings to you and your family.
    Diane--Wife of Shannon--Mom of Josh (R), Kyra (R), Hunter (D), Ian (D), Logan (UG), Mathias (LG), Emma (LG), Sawyer (K), Forest, Autumn and baby due 3/22/10.

Thanks Iwona and Diane for your helpful comments. The reason why I consider Considering God's Creation is because it seems that all experiments are easy to do. I can just use the things around me. I live in Indonesia (we are Indonesians and English is a foreign language for our family) and I couldn't afford if I have to order the science kit from the US.

I love Apologia. In fact I have already printed the sample pages of Astronomy and Botany. My question is "Are all the experiments easy to do, because I don't want to discourage my daughter from not being able to do the experiments." If I do decide to use Apologia which book I should do first?

Thanks.

Blessing,

Sianni in Indonesia

We used Considering God's Creation with our two oldest children when they were in K-4th grades. My son didn't like it at all because of all the cutting and pasting. However, our daughter actually liked the workbook pages. It was very easy to teach and it was nice not having to buy extra things. If you have a daughter that enjoys cutting and pasting, coloring and hands-on things, she may really enjoy science with Considering God's Creation.

However, I really like the Apologia elementary science books better for our family. My 5th grade daughter is doing the Botany book now and I'll use Apologia instead of C.G.C. when our 2 year old is ready for schooling. You can use any of the books in any order. I'm not sure what all the items needed would be for each book and whether or not they would be easily accessible to you in Indonesia or not.
    married 22 years and blessed with 3 children: 17 yr old rhetoric son, 15 yr old dialectic/rhetoric daughter and a 7 yr old lower grammar son.

Thanks Jenny for your input. My daughter used to like cutting, pasting and coloring but not anymore. I think I'm gonna do Apologia.

I contacted Jeannie Fullbright to ask her opinion which book I should do first. She e-mailed me back within the 24 hrs. She suggested Botany (since it's rainy season right now in Indonesia- the sky mostly cloudy and heavy rains) and if I couldn't find the item needed for the experiments she would suggest an alternative. She is so helpful.

Blessing,

Sianni in Indonesia