Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the resource list be active again?

When will the resource list be active again?

I'm hoping to plan for Y4 over the holiday break. The resource list has been an invaluable help in the past. Will it be back soon? Many thanks -

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    We're plodding ahead on several projects and activating the Resource List will likely take place after the New Year. Meanwhile, you can get your list from Bookshelf Central. www.bookshelfcentral.com.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

At bookshelf central, I have tried selecting Y4, all units, all levels, all subjects, order form view. The list generated appears to be just a list of book/author with price. Is there a way to export a complete book list for the year which includes all of the unit/level/subject designations? Are the alternative selections included and identified in this list?

I also tried generating the same list with the catalouge view but this one did not seem to lend itself to exporting.

thanks for your help!

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    Because Bookshelf Central only sells titles on the primary list, you won't find alternates there, other than a very few that are sold as used books. The subject is within each description, but does not populate in the chart.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN

Thank you for your replies. I'm still looking for a workaround without having to type in the alternate selections for the year. Is Tapestry able to provide a temporary document from your databases which includes the full list until the Resource function is operational again? Thank you for your help.

Merry Christmas

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    No, we do not have such a document. The alternates Resource List is quite problematic in the glitches it has and is nearly the last stage in our updating process.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN

Any Progress?

I am still curious when this will be done? With homeschool convention and used book sales coming up it would be very helpful to have this resource list showing how many weeks certain resources are used. An update on how this is going would be helpful.

Thanks for your work,

Paula

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi there,
    We're working steadily along, but don't have a specific date for you yet. Bookshelf Central shows how many weeks each title is used though, since that's what you are looking for. Just click on the book title for that info.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN

I'm looking forward to the Resource list coming back online.... Year 4 is calling to me... "Get the book finding/buying/selecting done so you can enjoy the summer"... :-D

President, Lampstand Press
    We understand the desire for a Resource List, and we really are working on it. Please read my lengthy explanation of the challenges that we're up against near the bottom of this thread: http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/forum...=Resource+List

For now, the "Order Form View" of the Bookshelf Central website (www.bookshelfcentral.com) gives you a list that is easy to sort and tabulate by title, and gives you at least a working list from which to shop. Please do note, too, that BC is competitive price wise, and a family-run business that supports Tapestry users so well. Besides selling our books new, BC buys used books from you and, on each listing, they provide a "library look up" button that enables you to quickly see if the book is in your local library or not. Please consider buying your books from BC!

And, please do pray for Ray and Scott as they're seeking to get this Resource List up. Thanks!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast