Thread: Week 25 UG title replacement??

Week 25 UG title replacement??

OK, so in my de version, the book Civil War by Stachinack is listed as the only Core history book for UG that week. The book has been replaced by "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America", but there is NO replacement page for week 25 is the replacement pages pdf.

Does Travel guide cover southern reconstruction?

The section at the top of the Year 3 Book Updates Chart says, "It is also possible that replacement titles may be assigned in more (or fewer) weeks than an original title because the new book does not contain exactly the same content as the old one," so I think that's the issue here--I think "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America" isn't in Week 25 even though the original book was.

If you scroll down to Week 21--the original week for "Civil War" by John Stanchack--in the Book Updates Chart and click on "Get all replacement week-plan pages for this book >>" next to its replacement title, "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America", it opens a LockLizard document that has new Reading Assignments pages for Weeks 21-24 only and on Week 24 it has "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America" listed as "(Week 4 of 4)", so I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in "Your Travel Guide" for Week 25.

Hope that helps,
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by r_migotsky View Post
    The section at the top of the Year 3 Book Updates Chart says, "It is also possible that replacement titles may be assigned in more (or fewer) weeks than an original title because the new book does not contain exactly the same content as the old one," so I think that's the issue here--I think "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America" isn't in Week 25 even though the original book was.

If you scroll down to Week 21--the original week for "Civil War" by John Stanchack--in the Book Updates Chart and click on "Get all replacement week-plan pages for this book >>" next to its replacement title, "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America", it opens a LockLizard document that has new Reading Assignments pages for Weeks 21-24 only and on Week 24 it has "Your Travel Guide to Civil War America" listed as "(Week 4 of 4)", so I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in "Your Travel Guide" for Week 25.

Hope that helps,
    Rebecca

OK, I get that, but then what is assigned for UG core in week 25? Nothing?
    If we are replacing "Civil War" by John Stanchack-(the ONLY UG core book in week 25) because it is out of print, and the replacement book isn't listed as resource for week 25... then what are we replacing it with?
    There are no other UG CORE history books assigned that week.
    Last edited by lcelmer; 03-10-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Hmmm. I see what you mean now. It would look like there is nothing new assigned from what I can find.

I guess you would have to go with what's in the Alternate or Extra Resources on the back of that page and do The Story of the World and the other supplement reading there. Tapestry may be working on finding another book to add, or it may have found one and I simply can't find where that is listed. Sorry! I don't think I can help beyond that.

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    It looks like you've found an error on our part in Week 25; there should be no assigned reading from Your Travel Guide to Civil War America. The Core reading in Week 25 is just that from the Presidents book.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4