Thread: New printed Poetics

New printed Poetics

Will this ever be offered digitally? I ordered and received my discount copy as a direct customer. It is an incredible resource. But it would be so much easier and convenient to use if there were an option as a digital product. First, it would be nice if I had my own copy since I am teaching R lit in a co-op. I'd like to mark up pages with notes for my classes. With only one household copy, I can't do that. Nor could I then use it while teaching if I want my own kids to have access to it at the same time during class. Second, I personally would find it easier to use the search function to jump around to the various assigned readings each week rather than flip back and forth to the long table of contents searching for a page number for each section assigned.

I've been a Tapestry customer since the days when only classic was available. I've happily embraced the updates and changes as they've come from the first redesigned year plans through the evolving DE versions. I like that the curriculum is fluid and appreciate how all co-op members have a way to work from the same edition by updating. I've discovered the joys of working digitally and only printing what I really need. I very much appreciate the luxury of the network license you grant to those of us with multiple computers in one home. So it stymies me that this wonderful, fully-developed, integral tool (Poetics) is now a limiting factor because I can't share it across my home network and ditch my big binders and page protectors. (Yes, I do realize I could buy additional copies of Poetics at full price. But that exceeds my budget and goes counter to the overall trend toward digital products for those of us who do not mind forsaking the ability to resell.)

So, will Poetics ever be again available as a protected digital product? Please?
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Just to add my two cents, I am in Australia and the only reason I can afford TOG is because I don't have to pay for postage. I won't need Poetics for years but when I do I would much prefer a digital copy.
    Kylie (Homeschooling in Melbourne, Australia)
    TOG Year 4
    C (10, UG)
    D (8, LG)
    J (18 months)
    Baby due Dec

Thank you, Lampstand Press, for giving us the best of both worlds with the 2013 Poetics! I feel totally pampered to be able to have the printed version AND the DE reference copy. I'm sure it must seem to you all that we moms are a schizophrenic group when it comes to what we think we want. When we had only digital, many wanted print. When you produced a very well done print version, people (er, I) whined that we liked digital. The fact that you respond when you are able to meet even our small needs speaks volumes. Thank you for blessing us.

Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

::warmly fuzzed:: We really do love you ladies so much. Thank you for letting us know that we blessed you!

Christy Somerville