Thread: World Government Unit

World Government Unit

Dear All,
    I am trying to put together a government unit for my son who will be a senior. So far, we have skipped all of Tapestry's government for all four year. Now, he needs to have a semester in government, but we are considering doing a whole year.

As he's a good student, I'm considering pulling out the government from all four years of Tapestry and putting it together into one year-long class. Has anyone done this? Do you think it's possible to do all 4 years of government in one year? I know that this would be a hefty class, but I just need to know if I'm being unreasonable.

The next question would be if the Tapestry government prepares a student to take the U.S. Government and Politics AP test. I would also get him a test prep booklet, but I'm hopeful that Tapestry's studies might prepare the student as well.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tracy

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    I think it would possible, especially if you aren't doing the history. I did that with the Pageant of Philosophy during my last son's senior year.

I honestly don't know about the AP test preparation. I know that we have had good feedback from others who have taken the AP tests for history and literature, but my brain is a bit dusty about the government tests.

Hope this helps a bit!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4