Thread: World Government Unit

World Government Unit

Dear All,
    I am trying to put together a government unit for my son who will be a senior. So far, we have skipped all of Tapestry's government for all four year. Now, he needs to have a semester in government, but we are considering doing a whole year.

As he's a good student, I'm considering pulling out the government from all four years of Tapestry and putting it together into one year-long class. Has anyone done this? Do you think it's possible to do all 4 years of government in one year? I know that this would be a hefty class, but I just need to know if I'm being unreasonable.

The next question would be if the Tapestry government prepares a student to take the U.S. Government and Politics AP test. I would also get him a test prep booklet, but I'm hopeful that Tapestry's studies might prepare the student as well.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tracy

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    I think it would possible, especially if you aren't doing the history. I did that with the Pageant of Philosophy during my last son's senior year.

I honestly don't know about the AP test preparation. I know that we have had good feedback from others who have taken the AP tests for history and literature, but my brain is a bit dusty about the government tests.

Hope this helps a bit!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4