Thread: Spine books for Classic Year 4

Spine books for Classic Year 4

Hi!

I'm considering using Classic Year 4 this year, but am wondering what books are used as spine books, or books that are used more than 2 or 3 weeks throughout the year. Can anyone tell me this? Before I buy it, I want to be sure that the books used with the Classic are available to me through my library or for purchase.

Thank you so much!
    Barb

President, Lampstand Press
    Use the Bookshelf Central search to see ALL the recommended books. Pay attention to multi-week or multi-year listings!

www.BookshelfCentral.com
    Blessings,
    Marcia

No one can do me a greater kindness in this world than to pray for me.
    --Charles Spurgeon

Thanks, Marcia! Will the entries for Year 4 Dialectic on Bookshelf Central tell me if they are the same books used for Classic? My fear is that the spine books have changed with the Redesigned version, and that only the Redesigned version books are now sold via Bookshelf Central (which would make sense to me). If that's the case, I won't know what books are used for Classic and whether I can get a hold of them. And I don't want to buy Classic Y4 until I'm sure I can get the books. I don't see on Bookshelf Central entries where it says whether the book is used for Classic or Redesigned or both.

Thanks again!
    Barb

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    No, Bookshelf Central is specifically geared to Redesigned, so the website doesn't reflect if books are used in both versions of the curriculum. The biggest change that affected books from Classic to Redesign is that we spread out the Reading Assignment Charts into two pages in Redesigned, so that there is a "primary" and "alternates" list. We only recommend the people purchase those that fall in the "primary" list, as they are the ones that we worked from when creating the Accountability and Thinking Questions. So, if books are a big concern for you, I'd encourage you to get the Redesigned version. LOTS of the Classic titles are there (almost all of them, in fact), but they are usually alternates.

Hope this helps a bit!

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4