Thread: Lapbook & reading assignments don't match up

Lapbook & reading assignments don't match up

We had this problem with Year 3, too. The lapbooking assignments don't match up with the readings in An Age of Extremes. Does anyone have a list of adjustments anywhere?

Are you using these with both lg and ug? I just did yr 4 last year and used the laabooks with my younger two. Sometimes the topics for the two levels don't line up exactly. Some times there were booklets for topics only covered in one level or the other. I just rolled with it. I would pull the appropriate booklet out of my file when we read about it regardless of the week it was assigned. Or, some weeks I added a reading from one of the spines to match the topic of the assigned lapbooks. I also skipped some booklets. The challenge they have at Tapestry when they make a resource like this is that they are accomodating multiple learning levels while retaining maximum flexibility for moms. Sometimes that looks like something doesn't line up, but actually it is just a spot that allows you to customize the curriculum for your own family.

Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Are you using these with both lg and ug? I just did yr 4 last year and used the lapbooks with my younger two. Sometimes the topics for the two levels don't line up exactly. Some times there were booklets for topics only covered in one level or the other. I just rolled with it. I would pull the appropriate booklet out of my file when we read about it regardless of the week it was assigned. Or, some weeks I added a reading from one of the spines to match the topic of the assigned lapbooks. I also skipped some booklets. The challenge they have at Tapestry when they make a resource like this is that they are accomodating multiple learning levels while retaining maximum flexibility for moms. Sometimes that looks like something doesn't line up, but actually it is just a spot that allows you to customize the curriculum for your own family.

Monica
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi,
    Monica is correct in that we created the lapbooks to work for both LG and UG students, thus necessitating some misalignment if you only have children in one level. However, it is easily overcome by looking ahead at which booklets are assigned in which week-plan and deciding if you want to leave one or two off, or if you want to have them read a bit more off of the Internet or from a library book to fill out the ones that don't match exactly.

Hope this helps some! It was a challenge to create those so that they work easily for both levels. I pray that they will bless you in spite of their shortcomings.

Blessings,
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

thank you!