Thread: This Mac user needs some help

I'm getting messages that my start up disk is almost full and am wondering if perhaps that's related to keeping both Year 1 DE and Year 4 DE on my desktop. I could just delete Year 4 and re-install when I need it again in 3 years. It seems kind of scary to delete it though. I'm wondering if I could put it somewhere on my Macbook HD other than on my desktop but am not sure how to do that. Would anyone be able to help me?
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.

RayatTOG
    You can do that, but the files aren't really all that large (all four year plans with all supplements are just over one GB). I'd suspect that you have a lot of pictures or video files. They will take up the same amount of hard drive space if they are on your desktop or stored elsewhere. If you want to delete your Y4 files, I'd suggest downloading the installers and storing them elsewhere--perhaps burning them to a CD if you have that capability.

Thank you, Ray. By the time I got your reply , I had already deleted the files. I have the installation CD though so I should be OK when I need those files again, right?
    Beginning cycle 3 with 1 off to college, 1 in Rhetoric, 1 in Dialectic, and our five year old along for the ride.