Thread: Sea Biscuit - movie or book

I heard somewhere that the story of the racehorse Sea Biscuit was set during the Depression, and so might be a good one to watch/read during Unit 2. Does anyone know of a good movie about him or a good book? Thanks!
    Janet, wife to 1, mom to 10
    5 graduated, 2R, 2D, 1LG - doing Y3 again!

We borrowed the recent movie version from a friend and I was so embarassed watching it. I am glad my kids were in bed. I buy a lot of movies but that one I will not. It might be more realistic but they threw in and elaborated unnecessary scenes. It was also difficult to follow the story line. It revolved about the lives of three men who eventually came together in the Sea Biscuit story. Later I found the Shirley Temple version (when she is an adult). This is a bit more of a fictional take, but clean and light and enjoyable. My kids enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks so much for the feedback, Laurie! That's just what I needed. There were so many excellent reviews, but not everyone has the same sensitivity to what children would be able to understand and what they can handle. Thanks again.
    Janet, wife to 1, mom to 10
    5 graduated, 2R, 2D, 1LG - doing Y3 again!