Thread: Finding the same copy elsewhere

Finding the same copy elsewhere

Would it be possible to post the ISBN under the book's description so I can know if the books I am looking at are the same version as the one sold by bookshelf central? It would also make it easier for me to be able to search by ISBN instead of just title/author at times.

Thanks
    Kylie (Homeschooling in Melbourne, Australia)
    TOG Year 3
    C (12, D)
    D (10, UG)
    J (4)
    K (2)

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi Kylie,
    Unfortunately we do not keep a list of ISBNs. Part of the reason is that there can be dozens of different ISBNs for the same book. Sometimes it affects page number assignments and sometimes it doesn't. For instance, a paperback, hardbound, and library bound can all have different ISBNs, but the pages inside be exactly the same. Another scenario is that publishers can put a new cover on a book and that changes the ISBN too. Then, to make it more complicated, publishers can update the book by adding paragraphs or chapters. This does affect our reading assignments, but of course, they have a different ISBN too.

So...I hope that helps in understanding a bit! Publishing is a crazy world it seems and ISBNs just add to the confusion sometimes!

Blessings!
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4

Thanks for the explanation Dana.
    Kylie (Homeschooling in Melbourne, Australia)
    TOG Year 3
    C (12, D)
    D (10, UG)
    J (4)
    K (2)