Thread: Openings for 2014-2015 TOG Year 4 Virtual Co-op

Openings for 2014-2015 TOG Year 4 Virtual Co-op

Greetings in the name of our Lord!

You are invited to prayerfully consider joining our Year 4 virtual coop for this coming fall. We are an existing virtual co-op that will be studying Y4 at the Dialectic and Rhetoric levels. Many of our families have younger siblings as well, so we might do file posting or some such interaction for the Grammar level children. We have a few spots open for new families.

Our co-op is hosted by the Lampstand Learning Center in their virtual classroom space for voice-interactive Socratic discussions utilizing the Tapestry TN discussion outlines for both Dialectic and Rhetoric students.

Our classes consist primarily of discussions led by parents of the co-op students, thus providing our families with different options for participation and a low financial cost of under $50 per entire family for the entire year regardless of the number of students.

Each teacher is assigned to one of the classes we offer as part of a teaching team. The team of two or three moms for each class takes turns making assignments and leading discussions for their class. This helps ease the teaching load for all of our families

Our proposed schedule for fall 2014-15 is: (depending on LLC availability)

Tues.
    11:00-11:45 am Eastern: D Literature
    Tues.
    12:00-1:15 pm Eastern: R Literature
    Thurs.
    11:00-11:45 am Eastern: D History
    Thurs.
    12:00-1:15 pm Eastern: R History

If you are interested and meet the following requirements, please reply privately to carburk7@gmail.com and we can discuss the possibilities further.

1) Agree with our Statement of Faith (available upon request).

2) Have already used Tapestry of Grace with your family for at least one year.

3) Parent is willing to be part of a teaching team with shared responsibility for facilitating one of the classes offered.
    Please let me know if you're interested.

A list of frequently asked questions is also available upon request.

Blessings,

Carrie Burkett

Virtual Co-op

Hi there! I know this is "late in the game", but I was wondering if you still had openings for R-Lit and R-History? Thanks so much

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by carburk View Post
    Greetings in the name of our Lord!

You are invited to prayerfully consider joining our Year 4 virtual coop for this coming fall. We are an existing virtual co-op that will be studying Y4 at the Dialectic and Rhetoric levels. Many of our families have younger siblings as well, so we might do file posting or some such interaction for the Grammar level children. We have a few spots open for new families.

Our co-op is hosted by the Lampstand Learning Center in their virtual classroom space for voice-interactive Socratic discussions utilizing the Tapestry TN discussion outlines for both Dialectic and Rhetoric students.

Our classes consist primarily of discussions led by parents of the co-op students, thus providing our families with different options for participation and a low financial cost of under $50 per entire family for the entire year regardless of the number of students.

Each teacher is assigned to one of the classes we offer as part of a teaching team. The team of two or three moms for each class takes turns making assignments and leading discussions for their class. This helps ease the teaching load for all of our families

Our proposed schedule for fall 2014-15 is: (depending on LLC availability)

Tues.
    11:00-11:45 am Eastern: D Literature
    Tues.
    12:00-1:15 pm Eastern: R Literature
    Thurs.
    11:00-11:45 am Eastern: D History
    Thurs.
    12:00-1:15 pm Eastern: R History

If you are interested and meet the following requirements, please reply privately to carburk7@gmail.com and we can discuss the possibilities further.

1) Agree with our Statement of Faith (available upon request).

2) Have already used Tapestry of Grace with your family for at least one year.

3) Parent is willing to be part of a teaching team with shared responsibility for facilitating one of the classes offered.
    Please let me know if you're interested.

A list of frequently asked questions is also available upon request.

Blessings,

Carrie Burkett

Hi ... it's Angela again....

I missed the part where it said have already used TOG for at least one year. Unfortunately we have not for a full year. And I haven't at all at the Rhetoric level, so I believe that disqualifies us sorry to bother you!!! I just got overly excited I guess! lol

have a blessed year!