Thread: Kindergarten Phonics

Kindergarten Phonics

Hello everyone!
    I am new to homeschooling. My son will start this fall with Primer and we are very excited. I am happy with most of my other curriculum choices, but struggling with phonics and handwriting. A family member suggested ABeka so I ordered it. As I go through it though, it just seems so dry. My son really needs to be engaged, as so far he has hated his working on phonics and writing. We used My Father's World for pre-K. I was looking into Logic Of English to use instead of Abeka. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Hi Naomi,
    We're starting Kindergarten with my daughter and are completely new to homeschooling too (starting with Primer too!) I think we've talked via FB.

At any rate, for phonics/handwriting we're using the Logic of English. It's kinda spendy but SO wiggle friendly! My daughter actually seems to enjoy it though she claims to dislike school. So for what it's worth, that's what we're doing and I'm glad I chose to do it. You may be able to find the teacher guide used on homeschoolclassifieds.com. Occasionally used resources for LOE would show up there.

Good luck!

Vice President
    Lampstand Press

Hi there,
    Bookshelf Central carries some phonics, easy readers, and handwriting, if you'd like to look at those. You might like some of them...I did!

Blessings!
    Dana C. in TN
    Vice President
    Lampstand Press

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
    like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
    I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"
    Deut. 32:2-4