Thread: 2015-2016 Y1 Co-op

2015-2016 Y1 Co-op

Hi there! My 10th grade RH daughter has asked me to investigate the possibility of a co-op for next year. We will be moving to Washington state, between Olympia and Tacoma. If we can't find a local group, are there any virtual co-ops available?

Thanks!

Carla

Greetings in the name of our Lord!

I see that you are seeking a virtual co-op for Y1 next fall. We humbly invite you to prayerfully consider joining our virtual coop for this coming fall. We are an existing virtual co-op that will be studying Y1 at the Dialectic and Rhetoric level.

Our co-op is hosted by the Lampstand Learning Center in their virtual classroom space for voice-interactive Socratic discussions utilizing the Tapestry Teaching Note discussion outlines for both Dialectic and Rhetoric students.

Our classes are similar to the LLC in format but the discussions are led by parents of the co-op students rather than paid teachers, thus providing our families with more options for participation and a lower cost (under $50 per entire family for the entire year regardless of the number of students).

Each teacher is assigned to one of the classes (D History, R History, D Literature, R Literature) we offer as part of a teaching team. The team of two or three moms for each class takes turns making assignments and leading discussions for their class.
    This past year our was schedule :

D Literature Tues. 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
    R Literature Tues. 12:15-1:30 pm Eastern
    D History Thurs. 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
    R History Thurs. 12:15-1:30 pm Eastern

If you are interested and meet the following requirements, please reply privately to Kate at kconti@dconti.net to discuss the possibilities further.
    1) Agree with our Statement of Faith (available upon request).
    2) Have already used Tapestry of Grace with your family for at least one year.
    3) Parent is willing to be part of a teaching team with shared responsibility for facilitating one of the classes offered.

We have a great mix of students who are respectful and encouraging to each other. We currently have a family who lives in WA in our group. We look forward to finding out if the Lord will weave your family's thread into our group's tapestry.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Kate

Hi Kate,
    FYI...I just sent you an email regarding my interest in your Y1 co-op this next school year.
    Just wanted to make sure you received it. I included my email and phone # and I look forward to talking with you.
    God bless,
    Carol